Friday 14 July 2006

No Driving!

Lately Aonghas (my younger brother) has been driving all around the place with my parents on his learners license and has gotten a lot better (so they say!) while my mum criticised me for not driving much because I'm not that interested. I told her that I never get the chance to, and she said that's because I never ask! So today after doing a bit of work in the library, my mum came to pick me up and I asked her if I could drive her home, and she says to me

"NO! I don't want to die!"

I'm honestly not that bad! My parents just think I drive too erratically and too rough! Well we got home and I begged my mum if I could just reverse it maybe 5-6 metres and then go forwards a teeny weeny bit to park it again, and she reluctantly agreed to let me. So there she was holding on to the car making sure I didn't drive too fast (this just makes it worse because I don't want to squash her!) and as I reversed slightly she tells me I'm going too fast!

We then get a phone call from someone and so I sit there in the car waiting a few minutes while she answers the phone. Finally she's off and I'm about to go. I've reversed enough so I'm about to go forwards and then there's another phone call! So after she's off the phone again I'm about to go forwards to park the car in the right place, but my mum's not happy because she's afraid I might hit my dad's car, so she tells me to get out and she parks it herself!

While my mum doesn't trust me driving a few metres at least my dad has let me drive to Avondale and back, and even managed to fit through a tight gap! (although he thinks that was luck and not skill!)

I asked someone if a guy driving an automatic and not a manual makes you a poof, and he replies

"No it just means you're incompetent"

I found out that I actually sat my learners test in July last year but only got it in December, so it took me half a year to pass my eyesight test, and I think it might just take even longer for me to get my restricted...

Tomorrow I'm going into the city with Hamish. He's going to buy his university books while I'm going in for my Smales Farm technology careers thing industry visit at this interllectual property law firm AJ Park. I don't really know what to expect. I have to spend three hours there, and there are only two students going - me and this Asian girl from Westlake. I don't think quite a lot will go on in an office building so I guess we'll just be watching some people doing paperwork and typing on computers...Hopefully the girl will be a bit more entertaining!

RANDOMS

A recently published book features the Top Ten Best Oneliners (don't ask me whether they're the most successful, or most used or what?) and number one is...

Was your father a thief? Because he stole the stars from the sky and put them in your eyes.


Other chat-up lines that feature in the Top Ten include

"Didn't it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

"You must be tired because you've been running through my mind all day."

and at Number 10:

"The only things your eyes haven't told me is your name."


-------

YouTube is so fun! It's amazing that you can just watch videos of ordinary people do ordinary stuff on the other side of the world! I watched this video of this Korean guy in the States preparing for his big date with his girlfriend, and these American teens mucking about in class.

One of the most interesting was this sorta-documentary/comedy made on Why Asian Guys Can't Score White Chicks. If you want to find out why, check out the video here.

Is it really true in order to score girls you've got to be an a$$?


No comments:

Post a Comment