Sunday 24 July 2005

Now a Learner...or Soon Anyway!

After a year and a half of procrastinating...I sat my learner's license test yesterday (Saturday) morning at AA! Things didn't get off to a great start. I only brought my birth certificate which proved my identity, but I also needed something to prove my residence as well! That meant I had to go all the way back home to get a bank statement to show them.

After that they carried out the eye test on me. I had to look into this machine and read letters. Now apparently there were supposed to be three columns of four letters, but I was adament I could only see two! The lady at the counter kept telling me to try look again, but I couldn't see the third column! Anyway we decided to postpone it till after I completed the test (if I passed!).

I was asked to sign my signature on some digital thing so it could go on my ID card. The first one was really bad so I had to redo it.

I think the only thing that went well or without a glitch was taking my photo! Then again...I haven't seen it so I could look like an ape when I do get it!

In the end I passed the test getting only one wrong (this yellow sign with a train on it-I thought it meant train station but it actually means railway crossing ahead!), but failed the eyesight test. This means I've got to go to the optomitrist sometime to get my eyes checked before I get my learners. I'll just have to wait a little longer... 


 



Need more speed? Get Xtra Broadband!

No comments:

Post a Comment