Sunday 10 July 2005

The Night Worth Waiting For

Well the ball definitely was fun! Food, music, dancing...

The twins picked me up from my house, then went to Kat's to pick her and Ayesha up. After that we went to some Korean photography studio for the twins to meet Hyun's partner Sonny (please forgive me if that is spelt wrong!) and to get their photos taken. After that was all done, we walked a few metres to the Crowne Plaza Hotel where the ball was to be held.

It was the first time I met Ayesha. She was pretty cool to talk to, and I hope she had a great time and didn't get bored! She taught me how to stick my fingers in fire, and had a food eating contest!

The theme was Oscars/Fantasy, so it was appropriately decorated with huge golden Oscar statuettes around the place. There was a small dance floor with tables around the ballroom.

The food was great, with rice, noodles, potatoes, and other stuff on offer. Dessert was great too with cheesecake, mousse, ice-cream, fruit salad... While I was eating my dessert, some people came over and dragged me to the dance floor (not a good idea especially when straight after eating!). When I came back, my bowl of dessert was gone!

It was good to meet Kat again after five years I think. Last time I saw her was at Rangeview. She and Joon turned out to be a really good couple! You should also see Kat on the dance floor!

In fact I haven't seen quite a few people move like they did last night! We've got some really groovy people at our school!

Another long lost friend I met at the ball was Karl, whom I hadn't seen since Rangeview as well! I've known him since primary school! He came to our ball because his neighbour who goes to our school invited him. So that was pretty cool! Meeting too long-time friends!

During the night, one of the pillars at the entrance to the ballroom fell over and down the staircase! (Check out more photos at link down below)

To cap the night off, most people did the slow dance with their partners, including me and Ayesha. I think I kept moving or swaying too fast!

The hotel we stayed at was the same one the All Blacks had been staying at earlier in the day. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet or see any, but we did meet some very interesting Barmy Army supporters afterwards!

>>Rutherford College Ball Photos available here

(Please let me know if you want a better quality picture than those put on the website!)



Find the coolest online games at XtraMSN Games

3 comments:

  1. I finished most of my dessert, except for half a cake...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so u do know who those people are in those pics? ;)

    ReplyDelete