Tuesday 11 July 2006

Money Saving

My friends went to the movies today and ...well I think I was kinda invited (still have my doubts). Anyway they went to see Pirates of the Carribean II, and so they had originally asked me to ask my parents if I was allowed to go last night, but I didn't have the courage because my mama was a teeny bit annoyed with me since I had been on the computer for most of the day.

Anyway this morning she was a lot happier, what with ITALY'S WIN and everything, I tried asking her, and got the response I was expecting. No Calum. Crash and burn...

OK so usually when teens go to the movies they don't really care what they see (as in blockbuster movie or not) and then they see it, whereas with my parents it must be cheap or else you're going to have to have a very convincing argument as to why you should go see that movie! Let's see...blockbuster movies cost $12.50 for a secondary student, and on most days cost between $11.50-$12.50, while Tuesdays only cost $8.50. Cheap Tuesdays swing in our favour. Unfortunately today was a Monday, and it was a blockbuster movie, so $4 couldn't be spared. We're a pretty cheap family.

This morning we were just watching Good Morning where they had that movie reviewer guy who doubles as Women's Day editor, and coincidentally he was reviewing Pirates of the Carribean II, going on about how there was nothing new about this movie, giving it a 6/10. My mum saw this and told me that it probably wouldn't be worth watching anyway!

So yeah, just trying to study all day, catching up on schoolwork and stuff. Knowing what my parents are like, I probably won't be invited out by friends again, eventually drift apart from them and lose them. Byebye social life... but hey there's a bright side to every story. At least my family saved $12.50! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment