Wednesday 6 August 2008

Pure Evil

I think my pharmacy lab tutor hates me, or at least thinks of me as a gumbie!

Yesterday in the lab we had to make three drugs - an enema solution, a mouthwash and a cream. Each week one person from each bench group gets assessed (just a practice assessment) on how well they can explain the drug they've made to the tutor who pretends to be a patient. I just happened to be chosen this week, and the drug just had to be the enema! So I was talking to my patient, instructing her on how to use the enema, such as lubricating the rectum, inserting the rectal nozzle up her rectum and so on. She was the tutor of the bench next to us and she was really nice, she marked me COMPETENT! :D I think it probably should have been JUST COMPETENT!

Because I did the practice assessment towards the end of the lab session I only had ten minutes left to make the mouthwash so I was running around the lab mixing this into that and stirring stuff. I quickly poured it into a bottle, chucked on a label and asked my usual lab tutor to sign me off, and she said my label was crooked, was slightly ripped (hey I was rushing!!) and not aligned (I did seek help from the head tutor on this and she said it was OK!) and so she said she'd have to mark me NOT COMPETENT!!

My friends and I agree she's probably a bit of a perfectionist who wants to make sure we do everything exact so that when it comes to the real McCoy we all pass comfortably and don't screw up, but I keep feeling these negative vibes from her! I'm going to go all out to woo her over next week...just in case I get stuck with her as my assessor for the proper assessment!

No comments:

Post a Comment