Wednesday 13 August 2008

Better Days

I had my pharmacy lab today, and at the end of the lab when I finished early and my lab tutor came by and asked me
 
"Oh, you already finished?" I said yeepp! And she said
 
"Oh OK good."
 
That's when I knew things were a lot better than last week's lab! In fact I don't think I did too much wrong in the lab this time round, but then again I hardly saw my tutor this time and we did easy stuff like mix two creams together and make paracetamol elixir.
 
Fortunately she didn't see my cream when it was in this state:
 
 
 
Shocking Calum! I managed to clean it up and make it look tidy enough for it to be signed off, but even though I had made 10% extra, my final total was less than the proper weight!
 
--
 
I overheard someone saying this as I left the lecture theatre after my BIOSCI106 lecture, and it pretty much sums the paper up:
 
"And that's 40 minutes of my life I'm never getting back"
 
Too right!
 
--
 
Not too long ago the NZ vs USA women's soccer game kicked off, with USA (world champions by the way) scoring after about 40 seconds. After NZ men's thrashing against Brazil, my prediction for this game is...0-4 to us, and I'm going to make that my conservative bet ;)
 
--
 
I'm selling my laptop to my brother after his one screwed up (how in the world did he do that???) so I'm on the look-out for a new one now! My dilemma is that after buying my last laptop which has a 15.4" screen and weighs 2.5kg, which is hardly portable, is it better to go for performance over design and portability, or the other way round? HP or Sony or ASUS or Acer or Toshiba? We've been going with ASUS till now, but I might start considering other manufacturers. If only Canon made laptops! We recently bought a Sony product and so I've been looking more into what Sony has to offer, but I'm open to any advice anyone can give me!

No comments:

Post a Comment