Sunday 31 August 2008

Bullet-Pointed Briefs

It's the holidays now! Well...sort of holidays, after a long hard week of two tests and two lab tests! I haven't posted in a week so this is what has been happening with me since then:

- I've been taking the Aqueous Cream I made in the pharmacy lab a couple weeks ago around with me, getting people to try it out, but no one really wants to try it! It's the only medicine I've been allowed to take out of the lab, and I almost didn't finish it! I was running out of time and my ingredients hadn't fully melted yet. My tutor told me it wasn't going to be completed within two minutes, but fortunately the head tutor helped me out so that I could take something home with me!

- My week of tests started off on Monday with a pharmacy test early in the morning which was worth 5%. It wasn't tooooo bad but I don't want to say anything just in case I jynx it!

- My next test was on Tuesday morning (as well), this time my pharmacy lab test. We were told a drug we had to fill in a batch sheet for, and then make. I was given Sodium Citrate APF (from the Australian Pharmaceutical Formulary). It was a little weird, as I calculated that I had to use 20g of something, and so I had this big pile building up on my balance! The person beside me didn't have anything of similar quantity! I was also getting a little concerned because it seemed as though other people made whatever drug different to me. I only discovered after the test that they were making different drugs!

- Wednesday was the biggie - the BIOSCI106 test, worth 40% of my mark! I spent all Wednesday studying, except for an hour where I had to have a one hour training session for the Auckland Uni Courses and Careers Day on Saturday, and also for lunch. Business school was completely packed so I just sat on a bench outside and struggled to eat (my braces were killing me!!) when Alex and Gwen came by! I had a chat to them for a while before Gwen went off to catch the bus home. Alex and I went over to the General Library to do a bit of study. I tried but my mouth kept bleeding because of my stupid braces! She left soon for dinner and I kept going till my test at 6.30pm at night. I caught up with Zahir before my test and then it was test time!! The test was....yep....afterwards I went with a fellow pharmacy friend Natalie to the computers to do a bit of chemistry work.

- Thursday was my break day! No tests, nudda!! Despite that, I had a list of things to do that day! First I had to go to class to make my mum happy, then go see the optometrist upstairs at Grafton to fix my dad's glasses, then go over to Middlemore Hospital to fix up my braces, AND THEN KBB Music Festival!!!! - The festival I've been looking forward to all year where secondary school orchestras from all over Auckland perform at the Auckland Town Hall! (More on that in my next post!) To finish off the day I had a Dessert Club Mid-Winter Festival event later that night. I had to catch the bus home as soon as Epsom Girls Grammar performed and then come back to the city with all the lolly bags for the Dessert Club event by 5.30pm. It was 5pm when I got home, so I had half an hour to get back into the city! Fortunately Aonghas was able to give me a ride and I made it in time. It was just that I didn't know where the venue was! I finally found it, but was a little late! The event wasn't too bad. There was plenty of dessert, and we watched 'I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry' which was quite funny!

- Oh and the sad news: is the fly of my favourite shorts broke!! I've had those shorts for about four to five years now, the pair I proudly claimed to have bought from Jay-Jays!! :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment