Sunday 10 August 2008

Blocked

In the past week I've been blocked from using the University library for two different reasons!

It all started off with the Organic Chemistry book I borrowed from the Engineering Library being recalled. I forgot to bring it to uni on the day it was recalled, and so I thought I'd just return it the following day, forgetting that I would incur a greater fine for an overdue RECALLED book! I also thought, well I've only got $9.55 worth of fines, another 20c (normal fine per day for a book overdue) wouldn't push me over the $10 limit. That was until I discovered it's actually $3 per day for each overdue recalled book!
So I returned the book the next day and kept checking the library website to see what would happen. It was a couple hours since I returned the book though but it was still saying that my book was overdue and that I had been blocked for not returning it!



After a while the status was finally updated and I was now blocked for having $12.55 worth of fines, over the $10 limit!



I left it for a few days thinking I'd be able to survive without needing to borrow anything from the library (plus I don't want to pay my fines!! That's a waste of $12.55!), but after a while I realised I couldn't, so I went to the Engineering Library to pay off my fine and the guy at the desk said he had seen worse...as in $1000 worth of fines worse!
So right now I am fine-free (for the university library...Waitakere Library is another matter...) and can resume making use of my book-borrowing privileges!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment