Saturday 19 April 2008

Unpractise Music?

Wow I must've played really bad at my accordion lesson today...or at least a lot worse than at the last lesson for my teacher to claim I must've unpractised my music! Then again I couldn't even get through my piece! I did manage to get through the Prelude of the Prelude and Fugue I'm learning, but with heaps of mistakes throughout! My teacher stressed that you don't play mistakes in Bach's music...anyone else's music BUT Bach's!!

I told my teacher about how we rushed the entries for the accordion championships, and that I just ended up throwing in this slow movement of a Mozart Sonata that I learned for grade 8 in my programme as I couldn't find any other lyrical piece in time. The minimum playing time is 15 minutes though, and my programme is roughly 16 minutes, thanks mainly to the movement from the Mozart Sonata because (according to Auckland Uni's Naxos Music Database) the three-page piece takes eight minutes...that's if you include the repeats and play it REALLY SLOW! So there's no pressure on me to play my pieces fast this time! Just as well!

I also put down the wrong piece for Aonghas on his entry form as he's playing Prelude and Fugue No. 5 not No. 2 (minor thing...very minor haha) but oh well! We'll sort that out when we have to.

As for music teaching this morning, I drove there, but didn't spot the policeman leaning out the window of his mufti car holding one of those speed gun things, and now I'm just trying to remember how fast I was driving, because I remember at that time I was rushing to get to the school in time!! So fingers crossed I get no speeding ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment