Tuesday 22 April 2008

Red Bull Really Gives You Wings!

Boy is that thing strong! Yesterday after staying up late to work on my chemistry assignment, I was having trouble staying awake while trying to study for my test on the following day (today). After struggling for a couple hours, I decided that was it. Time to try the stronger stuff. Lift Plus was no good. Bring on the Red Bull!

It was about 6pm by then and so I bought a bottle of Red Bull, a few bags of chips and sat outside in the cold and the dark and studied for the next hour or two, and I must say it worked!

The bottle claims that it improves concentration or awareness and so on, and I must say it certainly did at some level! While I opted for the sugar-free drink, I doubt it'll be good for my health. It says only to drink a maximum of two bottles/cans a day. According to Energyfiend.com though, it'll take 112.85 cans of Red Bull to kill me!

As for my test this morning at the early hour of 8am, one word=terrible! I had a bit of a disruptive start to the morning as well. Aonghas was to arrive back in Auckland at about 5am and so my parents had to get out to leave at 4am. They woke me up asking if I wanted to come and when I said I'd just wake up by myself at 6am and walk to the bus myself, they didn't trust me and so my dad brought in an alarm clock to add to the alarm clock and my phone that was already there! My mum also rang a few minutes before six as well! She had some not so good news though, in that their car broke down in Onehunga! They eventually made it back home, courtesy of AA.

Anyway back to the test, it was terrible! I was so unprepared that I probably guessed nearly all of the questions! Thank goodness it was multi-choice or else I would've had to come up with a lot of sh.......amboozle!

I caught up again with Phoebe in the afternoon and she once again dragged me along to her commercial law lecture which was once again pretty interesting! I did doze off slightly in the middle of it but I attribute that to wearing four layers of clothing and overheating in the basement lecture theatre ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment