Thursday 24 April 2008

Protest Invasion!

What an interesting day with protesters climbing onto the med school roof holding a banner protesting the testing of animals or something like that!

Anway yay for another day of holiday! Now if only it could've been next week instead of this week to spread the days off a little..Yesterday I was soooo tired I slept right through my 8am lecture and my friend had to poke me to keep me awake, so I ended up buying a bottle of Red Bull, which did absolutely nothing for me! Well that's the last time I'll be buying a bottle of that!

I was determined to sleep earlier last night, only to have to stay up till late working on my chemistry lab report! I didn't get that much sleep and so went to uni half-awake! I met up with Zahir on the bus and so I didn't get to sleep there. For some reason though I didn't end up sleeping through any of my lectures or workshops! After getting my APSA (the student pharmacy association...or something...) membership card we all went down for Subway for an early lunch after our workshop ended earlier than usual. Once we finished lunch, we went up to study and when it was time for our next lecture and the last for the week, we were on our way to the theatre when someone told us there were protesters outside the med school!

We looked out the window and they were standing right in front of it on the roof of the med school, holding a banner! Some students had gathered in the quad talking or looking or whatever, and a police car pulled up. By the time we finished our lecture and came out though they were all gone.

I had originally planned on staying in uni till late as Chen and I were going to go to the Debating Society meeting tonight. I had several hours spare time and so I decided to try study in Albert Park, but that was disrupted by spontaneous bouts of insomnia! Once I gave up, I walked back to the quad to come across Kat and Dominica! They were staying back for the Kiwi Asian Club's Korean BBQ night which I was originally planning on attending were it not for me forgetting to sign up before midnight last night!

We along with Winner this other KAC exec. walked down to a nearby cafe and hung out there for a while before I went back into the city. I was on the computer for a little while longer still waiting for Chen, when I got a text from him telling me he was going home! It turns out he had other....commitments!

No comments:

Post a Comment