Saturday 19 April 2008

Singing Disaster

I was to lead the singing at youth group tonight, being the first person besides the youth group leaders to lead the singing. I had to lead two songs and had kinda sorted out which ones earlier in the day. I was given this big folder with all these Christian songs to choose from, but because all the well-known tunes had already been done before, I ended up picking one of the lesser known tunes 'I will Run to You' by Hillsong...I think... as well as 'The Power of Your Love'.

Anyway because we had to deliver newspapers as well as have dinner once Hamish got home from work, we didn't leave home till late and I only arrived at youth group right on 7.30pm  with everyone else there already! I went up to the front and asked if I could plug in my mp3 player to their speakers, but it turned out they didn't have any speakers! So I ended up playing it off my phone which I put on the ground in the middle of the room! To make matters worse, I realised there was no OHP sheet for the second tune, something I hadn't checked before I left home!

I ended up only leading one tune with the group and began singing very out of tune! I was a little thrown off, but as time went by I sorta regained confidence and started to sing more or less in tune. Hardly anyone sang except for the youth group leaders anyway!

I don't think I'll be leading the singing again any time soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment