Thursday 11 May 2006

The Winning Continues!

We won our debate against Avondale tonight!! The margin was only two but hey that's an improvement on our last debate which we lost by ONE point! That brings our record up to 2-2. We definitely have to win our final debate if we want to make it into the quarterfinals.

The Avondale team were probably the nicest I've met out of all the teams we've debated against so far this year. I was only Mr Chairman of the debate so I got to play with the swingy chair and sit in between the teams, which meant I could swing around to the Avondale team and have a little chat. They told me their first speaker was a last minute replacement because their team were having commitment issues. It's great to hear other schools face the same problem too (even if not to the same degree)!

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going into Middlemore Hospital for my annual teeth check-up with the orthodontist. Last year they said they would put me on the waiting list for an operation to correct my jaw (cross bite). I would have to have braces for a year before the operation though. So I guess tomorrow I guess I'll find out how soon I'll have to fill my mouth with metal...

No comments:

Post a Comment