Friday 5 May 2006

Good Luck

Today wasn't such a bad day for me! It started off with me making it to school ON TIME to realise the chemistry teacher was late so it didn't matter. Next I found out I got excellence for my statistics assessment, and then after that I had to attend a meeting with the school IT guy and Carey a guy I've asked to help design the student website. There was a little dispute over how it was going to be arranged, and Mr Edmeades (the principal) who was running the meeting was trying to understand web design through the use of analogies such as

"So you speak Swahili and you speak French?" (referring to the web design language the two were using)

The IT guy replied:

"No well we both speak Swahili but just different dialects."

In the end the outcome was that our student website will be an independent website with its own .com web address.

Later in that day we were surprised to learn that Bill English, the National MP and former leader of the party, current spokesperson for Education, was coming to visit. At the beginning of lunch all of us prefects met in the library and greeted Bill English and Tau Henare, another National MP. We explained to him everything we've done so far this year, and had a discussion on various matters.

When we came to the end they asked us if we had any more questions. I asked them if they could give our school some free publicity and told them not to forget our school IF Bill English becomes Minister of Education sometime in the future (embarrassingly water was dripping from the ceiling right in front of him!)

It was a really good experience meeting them. They seem like really down-to-earth people, but I'm not too sure if that'll be enough for me to vote for them though ;)

Finally to cap off a day of good luck I managed to win my first squash game against some guy from Lynfield College by 17-15 (I think) while my brother and another teammate won which meant our team won overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment