Monday 21 November 2005

Konnichiwa!

Yesterday I went with my family to Japan Day out at ASB Stadium where there were all these Japanese stalls, Japanese performances and of course Japanese people. There were some Japanese drummers which were pretty cool and heaps of kids from a Japanese kindergarten doing a little dance with some Japanese superhero jumping in to join them. They announced there would be 'memorable' photo opportunities with the Japanese superhero so I was thinking of getting my photo taken with him...till they announced it'd cost $3!
 
They were even selling tadpoles at this festival, so we bought a couple to add to our fish tank with the other two surviving fish Sarena and Rydia. We still haven't named our tadpoles yet or thought of what we're going to do once these tadpoles grow into frogs!
 
After that we went into the city to watch the Auckland Symphony Orchestra perform in a concert of South Pacific music. One of the pieces featured an accordion soloist from America which was of interest to us. After this woman had played the conductor got the lady to explain a bit about the accordion so I'm guessing it was a bit of publicity for the accordion which is good!
 
On Saturday after finishing teaching all my recorder classes I was told I might get more students next year and have more classes which will hopefully increase my pay! I also tried ringing the guy from the coffee shop but it was his answering machine and he still hasn't rung me back. I suppose I really should ring him back if I want to seem as though I want the job...
 
NB. What a huge response to my last post on the dangers of oral sex! Three comments on my MSN Space! That has never been seen before! I should post more of that stuff up! (Not as in more posts on sex but more on issues and stuff!)

No comments:

Post a Comment