Thursday 3 November 2005

Happy!

CONGRATULATIONS to:
Headgirl for 2006: Heather
Deputy Headgirls for 2006: Jane and Joanne
Deputy Headboy for 2006: Hyun and Patrick
I got headboy which really surprised me! I was sitting through first period of calculus with Hyun wondering if they were going to tell us soon. Sure enough during the next period of biology they called us up and let us know.
Initially I wasn't rating my chances too highly because we had our interviews yesterday. I was first, and when I went in, the principal just said to me
"OK so tell me about yourself"
I was a little surprised but then just started talking and talking. The principal asked me about intermediate school and how I was headboy at Rangeview, as well as my musical contributions and then whether I was the cameraman for my brother's video. That was it. After everyone else had their interviews, I talked to them all and they told me the principal had asked them all these difficult questions like how they would deal with this sort of issue and that, etc. I asked one of the assistant principals if it meant anything that they didn't ask me those sorts of questions in my interview and she told me not to worry about it.
This morning before the principal announced the positions, he told us
"Now I came under some criticism from Calum for not asking him the questions I asked everyone else, but that was because he kept talking and talking and talking! "
Anyway it sounds like it will be a good team for next year, including those in the student management group. I can't wait!
 
Thank you to all of you who have been so supportive of me (if you're reading this!) I'm really grateful for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment