Tuesday 18 October 2005

Student Politics Taking its Toll

Voting forms for head boy and head girl were distributed today. Knowing that the principal has the final say on who becomes headboy and headgirl, apparently students think I'll definitely get headboy and so they're taking the headboy contest as one for deputy headboy and so they aren't voting for me but for other people. Lord all I ask is for at least one vote...
 
My friend also told me today that after school on the bus he asked this guy who he was voting. He replied:
 
"Well my form class is definitely not voting for Calum"
 
When my friend asked why, he said:
 
"Because Calum has pi$$ed everyone around and hasn't done anything anyone has asked him to do"
 
Yeah that's a bit of a spirit-killer. It made me rethink why I was going for headboy in the first place and whether working for students and doing all the stuff I have for them for the past three years has been worth it when people treat you like this. Then again, this is what politics is all about.
 
What made today worse for me was I had to perform at this music performance, and I completely stuffed it up.
 
It's times like these the only thing you can really do is *think of happy thoughts think of happy thoughts*

1 comment: