Wednesday 5 October 2005

Bye-bye Social Life

My social life looks set to be over (till I've finished high school anyway), before it really began. So far this year I've already missed a couple of opportunities to go to the movies with some friends because my mum thought I had priorities or it was too expensive, and now another friend has invited me to go to her birthday party/dinner but my mum thinks it'll be too expensive to go too! Soon no one will invite me anywhere, as they'll think Calum's wrapped up in bubblewrap away locked at home. My mum has this way with me, where after she tells me I can't go and I've pleaded with her to go, she says I can go if I spend my own money, knowing I can't get any of it out as it's stuck in this bank account that will drop in interest if I take anything out, plus I'll feel guilty because I wouldn't be working at home.
 
During these holidays apart from pushing me to finally see the optomotrist so I can finally get my learners (after sitting the test last school holidays), my parents have also been pushing my brothers and I to go out and look for jobs (in addition to my recorder teaching job because despite a good hourly rate I only work one and a half hours a week!) for the Christmas holidays. I've noticed how heaps of people have got part time jobs, with a few working at BLOCKBUSTER, Wendys and Pak N' Save, which is cool because you can see your friends in uniform when you come across them at work! We have this Hello Kitty soft toy (I don't sleep with it) dressed up in a McDonalds uniform which looks really cool, so I might try apply at McDonalds and hopefully get a discount on food too! Hopefully by getting another job and earning a bit more money I will be able to pay off a bit of that student loan when I get one, as well as maybe go out with my friends at least once or twice in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment