Monday 31 October 2005

Food, Soccer No Study

This weekend hasn't been too bad. On Saturday I taught my recorder classes in the morning. I was talking to them all about how I was looking for another part-time job, when one of them said

"How old are you?"

I told them I was 16 and the girl replied

"You look old! "

I asked how old and she said

"umm...about eighteen!"

That made me feel old! Anyway after that I had accordion lessons and then it was off to my aunty's surprise 50th birthday party! It wasn't much of a surprise because she noticed that food was missing from the fridge in the morning so she suspected something was up. There was heaps of food there, and I ended up eating too much. My cousins once again got hold of our phone and texted some random friends, but we did the same to them!

Today church was shorter because instead of Sunday school there was just an Annual General Meeting which we didn't stay around for. We got home and later on Shen came over and hung around to play a bit of basketball and talk a little! Thank goodness he let me know my fly was down before anyone else noticed! I'm sure I didn't go through church like that though... Before he went off he gave me a little drive down the road and back. He looks a lot more mature and grown up behind the wheel!

At the party last night our cousins invited us to come with them to play indoor soccer with them today too so they came over and picked us up. The team we played for consisted of all of our cousins so it was pretty much an Anderson/Brens team. Unfortunately we lost 0-6, and because my shorts were held up with a safety pin which came off halfway during the game, I had to run around holding my shorts up!

When we got home we found our mum sick because she had eaten unproperly cooked chicken that was leftover from the party the night before, so we thought we would try cook dinner ourselves! Unfortunately us guys in the household didn't know how to use a rice-cooker or the stove, so thankfully Zippo came to the rescue and helped cook the dinner for us (we helped around too!). I'm pleased to say I'm still alive and on the record the food did taste good! (baked beans, egg, mixed veges and rice)

I really should've been studying though...

No comments:

Post a Comment