Wednesday 26 October 2005

Labour Weekend Labour

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSICA (for Monday)
 
Sorry I didn't get round to posting earlier! I don't want to embarrass Jessica but she's probably one of my main rivals at the accordion (and often she comes out on top!) and is definitely a future accordion champ!
 
Labour weekend was full of hard labour...in terms of studying. I was originally going to use the weekend to get a few English essays planned but I didn't get round to doing them because I couldn't think of anything, so at least I managed to memorise colour changes of Oxidation-Reduction reactions. I have an exciting life! :D
 
The recorder classes I taught on Saturday morning were probably the most exhausting they've been in a while, even though maybe less than half of my students turned up because of Labour weekend! I had one student who brought along her friends and kept talking (funnily enough her birthday is on the same day as Sarena's!) and was impatient for class to finish probably so she could go off with her friends to play.
I'm also starting to feel the pressure to get the students to put on a good show for the end of year music school performance where all the classes of different musical instruments perform a few pieces. I want my students to look good so it doesn't reflect badly on them or myself and so parents will know their kids learnt something this year! I've also got to decide which students to give certain awards to, which will be difficult because I don't like choosing a few over the other!
 
Anyway the Monday off school was a deserving break from school no matter how short it was. Today I brought a watch to school which was good because I didn't have to keep asking Hyun for the time during calculus and I could determine it myself during physics! Now I've just got to work out a way to determine the date!

1 comment:

  1. yeah jessica's one of my main rivals n the guy whos father owns the accordion shop is anotha one as well. he jst recently went off overseas to the world accordion champs

    ReplyDelete