Sunday 9 October 2005

A Series of Interesting Events

Yesterday I went to Westcity with my mum to check out some of the optomotrists so I could finally get my eyes checked and then get my learners license! Unfortunately none of them were as cheap as the Chinese optomotrist I've seen in the past over in East Tamaki, so I'll probably have to wait till next week to go over to East Tamaki to get my eyes checked at a cheaper price.
Anyway at Westcity when we went outside by E-Thing and Burger King, there were a few guys there with black eyes, one holding an ice pack to his eye, and at least half a dozen police officers around the place. As we walked past a police truck came over and all of these guys got put in there and taken away.

Today I was at Glenfield Shopping Centre, which is adjacent to the Music Education Centre where I learn the accordion every Saturday, when most of North Shore was hit by a power cut! Everyone poured out of the shops as they all closed. People selling ice-cream were in a rush to sell it all before it started melting. This old lady pushed her trolley onto a stationary elevator, and we all know what happens when you push a trolley onto an elevator don't we? It locks up and doesn't move. Unfortunately this old lady didn't realise that her trolley would get stuck and wouldn't move. This caused a big jam around her as people tried to get to the lower level. Fortunately, the power went back on just in time for my music lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment