Monday 24 March 2008

Easter Happiness

HAPPY BELATED EASTER EVERYONE!

Congratulations to Hannah, this girl I met at pharmacy camp who got baptised today! Now the coolest part is she got baptised at my church! We had one of those Easter services where the three churches (one in Howick, one in the city and our one in West Auckland) combine at our church for the service and then the baptism services because I think our church is the biggest...or something like that...I'm not too sure what the structure is like but I think the churches are like different branches. Anyway we came late so we were sitting right at the back. During lunch we were sitting around eating while my mum was talking to Angie's mum, when Hannah came over and said hi to me! It turns out she was the first girl to get baptised! I thought I recognised her, but then I thought naaahh she probably doesn't go to one of these churches, but it turns out she goes to the city church! She's come to our church for the special combined services a few times now but this must be the first time we've actually known each other. That's pretty cool that I know someone from the city church now though!

We visited our uncle and aunty tonight for a catch-up chat which ended up taking all night. One very amusing thing though was that our great uncle made it on the front page of the local newspaper down in Christchurch for the most amusing thing! He's a beekeeper and he accidentally lit a fire which spread into this huge scrub fire! OK maybe that's not too amusing but what's funny is that he's the sorta guy who gets himself into these funny situations! Apparently he's just recently had a 6 foot fall the other day when he walked off the edge of some...where (his eyesight's not too great either).

The other day I was catching up with a friend by text and when she found out I was still single she started having a go at me, telling me I need to get a girlfriend! Yeah not that easy! I also just recently made a pact with a friend that we don't date anyone no matter what, unless someone worthy enough comes along and breaks it. It doesn't change anything about my way of life! It's probably more for her, seeing as she's in quite a few failed past relationships, but I'll be her voice of reason just in case her heart gets the better of her!

I actually don't think I've achieved much these holidays so far! I've been sleeping in, doing nothing, I really should be studying and finishing off my assignments! I've got two more days to go so I'm going to make sure I make the most of these two days, despite most of today (Monday) probably going to be taken up by yumcha with my youth group.

One thing I have achieved is sorting out all the email addresses I have. I think I've got four or five of them - Gmail, Hotmail, uni mail, Ihug, Yahoo!...and when faced with filling in this form for the Medical and Health Sciences Faculty string orchestra, I had trouble deciding which email address to put down! I don't actually use Yahoo! so that leaves me with four. I ended up deciding to go with Gmail and have arranged for all my Ihug and uni mail to be sent to my Gmail account. There's not much I can do about my Hotmail as they won't let email be redirected. I could stop using it but I still use it for MSN so I'll just stick with Gmail and Hotmail. Those of you who don't have my Gmail it's mr.calumATgmail.com.

--TV Talk--

Yay for ad-free TV, although it's not truly ad-free is it? Promotion of other TV shows are technically ads. It would be great if they could just limit those TV show promotions to in between shows, not in the middle of shows! But anywho, it was good being able to get through TV shows in less time than usual!

Only one week to go till TVNZ7 launches too! I won't be able to watch it when it's launched anyway but it'll be exciting for NZ to finally have a uniquely NZ factual channel with news updates throughout the day, not just three-four times a day. The only bad thing is that there's quite a few repeats in the schedule and I'm a little sceptical as to what to expect, the standard of the news updates and the news hour, and how different it'll be to the current news provided on TV ONE. Only time will tell though! Please TVNZ blow us away! I have to say the look of TVNZ7 with all the triangles and everything is a little odd too.

Oh and go Ramiele on American Idol! Doin' it for the Asians!! I wasn't sure if the blonde girl who got kicked off tonight was the Britney Spears impersonator or the 'precocious girl, but once she started crying and going on about how embarrassing....yip it was the precocious girl! I still actually haven't heard any of the guys singing yet! Hmmm why do I even have time to watch this??

Does anyone else find the newish episodes of The Simpsons slightly off the mark and not as funny as the older episodes? I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but for a start Marge and Homer's voices are different, they talk a lot more (faster) and I'm not quite sure but do some of the characters (Homer in particular) seem more whinier than before? I was hoping it was just because the writers were preoccupied with The Simpsons Movie, but now I'm not too sure. The Simpsons' parody of Mr & Mrs Smith in the 'Halloween Special' wasn't too bad though!




No comments:

Post a Comment