Monday 10 March 2008

A Day of Meeting People

After a week of seeing so few ex-Rutherford people due to spending a lot more time at Grafton, I finally managed to catch up with quite a few people on campus on Friday. It started off right at the beginning of the day when I caught the bus into the city together with Cameron Fraser, this guy who got the runner-up to Dux at Rutherford last year.

I got into the city for a chemistry lecture before having to walk all the way to Grafton for a pharmacy lecture. Snore snore snore...I seriously have a problem! I've been falling asleep in nearly all my lectures so far! This coming week I'll have to experiment with various methods of keeping myself awake and I'll document my findings here!

Once I finished my lecture I power-walked all the way back to the business school back in the city to catch up with Gwen! She was there with Angie, Rebecca and Cameron. They all do Commerce papers, or at least some commerce papers, which meant I was the odd one out, no matter how much I sometimes wish I did commerce! It was pretty fun hanging out with them. I hadn't seen Gwen since last year before she went off to Malaysia for a holiday. She looks different with her haircut and no glasses!

When they all had to go, I ended up wandering around the new business school building by myself, till I decided I'd go catch up with Alice who I haven't seen since last year as well. She's doing commerce/part II law this year. Go her!!!

When she had to go off to class, I decided to go check out the club stalls at the quad just in case it was the last day they were on display. I joined the debating club! :D Chen and I were originally going to join together but I think he joined before me. I texted him to let him know I joined, and he told me to meet him at Albert Park. That was ten minutes before I read the text though, so by the time I got to Albert Park though so I assumed he wasn't there anymore! I was sitting on the park bench, when I noticed my Health Science friend Andy (and also MEDSCI study group co-ordinator!!) sitting under the tree studying! I went over to him to catch up with him for a while. That's when I noticed the guy lying a metre away was Andrew, this guy I knew from intermediate school!

After a while of catching up with both of them, Andy had to go and so I talked to Andrew for a while before I had to go off to my second chemistry lecture of the day. Boooooring!!!! It was so hot, that after half an hour when we finished a chapter, someone called out

"Can we go home now???!!!"

The lecturer just kept going though. When class was finally over though everyone rushed out of the theatre!! As I was walking through the quad with my friend Michael, Jessica my arch-rival in accordion called out to me! I went over and caught up with her and she introduced me to her schoolmate Byron. When my friend Michael came over, I introduced him to Jessica and Oliver. That's when I got

"I'm Byron"

Shameful!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment