Tuesday 16 January 2007

Shock Horror

RIP RYDIA (for two days ago - our last big goldfish!!!!)

First of all sorry to all those people I was chatting to tonight! My internet screwed up and wouldn't let me receive or send messages! It then took me ages and ages to get back on!

Anyway what have I been doing? Nothing...except for watching TV, playing on the computer and occasionally practising driving, oh yeah and washing and hanging out clothes. Most of the time I've been either home alone or at home with my mum while Aonghas and my dad have been at work and Hamish at summer school (again).

In between those things though, a few things have happened.

Today Colmar Brunton rang asking to survey someone over 50, but I said no one was available, and then they asked me if I wanted to take part in research, so being the guy that I am I said OK! Hey I mean answering a few questions about my preferences could be fun, right? And what better things have I got to do with my time? Later that night a lady rang asking for me, and then went on to ask me a few questions. That is when she mentioned that I would be paid for taking part! I think it's something like $30, so that wouldn't be so bad! The lady asked me all these questions I could only really answer no for:

Do you smoke? No
Do you drink alcohol? No
Do you drink spirits? No
Do you run your own business? No
Do you have pay TV? No
Do you have a cheque account? No
Do you ever travel on business? No

Yesterday when I went with my mum to Westcity to drop Aonghas off at work, I met Melissa who was on her way to a job interview! My mum and I were just walking into the carpark when I saw this girl coming towards me from the opposite direction and I thought hey that's not Melissa is it? (I've only met her in person twice before so yeah I didn't want to make a fool of myself!) And yes it was!!! So that was cool. Talked to her for a short little while before I had to let her go to her job interview.

Tonight while my mum drove Aonghas home from work in my car, the hub cap came off one of the wheels! What's worse is that it came off down Great North Road!!! Well thank goodness I wasn't in the car at the time! Aonghas told me though that fortunately the hub cap stopped on a median strip so they were able to retrieve it! Oh it just gets better and better doesn't it!

Today I watched Mulan on TV for the first time. I never knew the song Reflections was from that movie! Ruby this Korean girl who used to go to Rutherford and was Rutherford idol 1 runner-up sang that song, and it has stuck with me ever since! She's since gone back to Korea, so the twins will get to hang out with her more now! No longer a flight away and an ocean separating them! Anyway Mulan really does look like my friend!...in cartoon form of course...

And last of all NCEA results might be coming out tomorrow!!! I'm so seriously scared more than any other year!!! I know I'll fail something in Chinese, that's a definite given. History - maybe, chemistry - maybe...I had a nightmare last night that I didn't get accepted into two of the four courses I chose to do at Auckland University!! Hopefully dreams won't come true! I reassured someone that they would pass NCEA or else I would run through their school naked, so hope all goes well for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment