Wednesday 3 January 2007

Final Visit

Well it's now 2007 and already I'm starting to notice the differences! I beat Diane in pool more than once! OK that's not a significant change.

One significant change will be when Hyun and Joon leave for Korea, with this week being their last in New Zealand. Originally they were going to come visit us on Monday but then they cancelled. Thank goodness, as we were busy tidying up the house! We ended up with so much rubbish to throw out.

Instead they decided they'd visit us yesterday. Well...Aonghas and I went over to their empty house first to check out their computer hard drive to help them remove it before we'd take them back to our house.

Once they came back to our house we revealed to them some stuff on our computer they had never seen before, showed them some photos and then played a little bit of FIFA. I'm not too sure who won most often though!

For some reason I wasn't feeling that emotional, but I always seem to have this feeling that it doesn't matter because I'm used to seeing them again so I'll see them again sometime! I probably will maybe once or twice more this week and maybe at the airport to see them off. Let's see how I cope next week when they're really gone forever!

We all finally watched Lord of the Rings: Return of the King for the first time after several years of having it on DVD but never getting round to watch it! I admit to nearly falling asleep in the first half hour of it, but as soon as the full-scale battles began I was wide awake and sitting on the edge of my seat!

Today I bought a laptop from Dick Smith, but it wasn't without a hitch. I checked out the package when I was in the car and couldn't find the bag or mouse that they said was included with it, so I had to take it back in and ask. The guy took a while to find the code to process it by, and then gave me a bag, before giving me one of the cheaper mice as it wasn't in the package like it was supposed to. Anyway I'll test drive this laptop and then possibly return it within 14 days if I'm not happy with it (thanks to their 14-day money back guarantee!)

No comments:

Post a Comment