Saturday 13 January 2007

More Space More Time

Ever since the children's holiday programme finished I've resumed my daily programme of doing nothing, although after ...I have no idea what, Aonghas got keen on upgrading our computer. I'm not too sure why, possibly because we just got a 19" monitor or the fact that we have less than a couple gigabytes of free diskspace left on the computer. Anyway after reading stuff on the net, he started promoting the idea of getting a new CPU case so we could put in more hard drives! At first we only had two hard drives, an 80 and a 250 gigabyte hard drive. We had no more bays left to put in more hard drives so our other one was a 250gb external. While we could've put a couple in the spare bays supposed to be for CD-ROM drives, we would've needed some PCI adaptor card as well as a new fan. So Aonghas started promoting getting a new CPU case that had 12 drive bays! Surprisingly my parents bought into his idea! I have no idea how Aonghas does it! Good thing he's got a job selling stuff!

So in the past few days we've been driving around to different computer shops buying all sorts of bits and pieces and now we have an extra 500gb and a new black CPU case with this big fan at the front (and a blue neon light) and two more USB ports at the front. We're just ten short from a terrabyte! At least that means we can now finish Ryan's Rutherford Idol DVD after two years of delay!

Yesterday after going into the city to get the CPU case, I went in to uni to complete my student allowance application after the lady rang me the day before and helped me out a bit. Hopefully I'll get some sort of confirmation and then all I'll have to do is wait for uni to start to receive some money! :D

I've also been doing women's jobs around the house such as washing the clothes, hanging the clothes and watering the garden (OK I'm joking I'm not a sexist! They are chores around the house!) I've also done a bit of driving but car parking is really frustrating me as I can't really see the white line on the ground as I turn to park! At the moment I'm practising in empty carparks (and rightfully so!) and so it's a little hard judging whether I've cut the line or not! More practising to do...

Yesterday the folk from Restaurant Brands rang me up asking if I still wanted the job at their call centre that I applied for last month. At first I said OH YIP! But then I asked if I could consult...first... and the lady said that was fine. I asked my mum and she started saying it wouldn't be convenient since the job was in the city, so I had to tell the lady that I wouldn't be able to take up the job as I had...things...going on now. I must sound like a real dork sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment