Thursday 27 April 2006

More Training

I went back to AUT today for more prefects training. My dad took the twins and me to the North Shore campus, and you know what happens with my dad's car. The motor stopped in the middle of the motorway. Thank goodness we were on a slight slope and so we started rolling forwards! Eventually the motor got going again just in time and we went to a nearby Repco to get a new car battery just in case, so the car wouldn't break down in the middle of the Harbour Bridge!

When we were in Ponsonby somewhere I got a phone call from Heather asking if I was coming (because by that time I was late..yeah I know...) and I told her our car broke down and so we were going to be slightly late. She thought that was a good excuse!

Anyway we finally got there. Only about a half of the prefects turned up. Suspiciously most of the environmental group didn't show up...hhmmmmm...nah I'm sure they had valid excuses!

Some talent lady from TVNZ came to observe what sort of stuff we were doing.

During lunch I thought I'd take my chance to grease up to this lady so that you know..maybe...anyway I came up to her and just started going on

"HEY I WATCH ONE NEWS RELIGIOUSLY!!!"

We're going to get a tour of TVNZ sometime so that'll be interesting.

After lunch we got to go out to the golf place whatever you call it (AUT's North Shore Campus has a Sports and Recreation Centre) and we got to practise doing a few tee-offs. All I can say is I have a whole lot more respect for golfers! I was really bad at golf, hitting the ground instead of the ball! Others like the twins and Patrick and Lindsey and Shen were pros!

There was a lot of leftover lunch which the AUT staff were about to throw out all the leftover food but after they saw me sneaking food into my bag they filled a whole tray and gave the lot to me! When I got home my mum decided not to cook dinner and we just ate that instead!

I've got to go to school tomorrow morning for string quartet rehearsal. Pray that I survive the hour! After that I have to go back in to AUT for more prefect stuff.

PS I've been told I need more 'friends' so if you have time to kill feel free to add me as a friend at myspace.com and make me feel loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment