Monday 10 April 2006

Flood of Work

Phew finally gotten my first NCEA History 3.1 research assignment out of the way! We had two weeks to research a battle or campaign in WWII, and I ended up changing mine three times because I couldn't find enough info for each battle I ended up choosing! Finally I chose the Battle of Berlin and I stuck to it! I really just rushed most of it in the last weekend and ended up spending my two periods and interval this morning finishing it. I only just finished right at the end of interval bell when history was about to start!

I also had a statistics assessment on modelling first period this morning. Fortunately it was just a practical and no calculations or writing to do! We just had to roll marbles down ramps of different heights. The second half of the assessment will take place this Wednesday.

It was announced that the ball will be held at the same venue this year at an increased price of $80 per ticket with the theme being vintage 1920's. It didn't come as quite a surprise to me that the theme would be some time period. Last week there were rumours going around that it would be the 1950's! Anyway 1920's 1950's I have no idea about what sort of fashion they wore back then. I was thinking because I've already attended two balls in the past two years in suits, maybe this time I should dress to the theme! All I can think of when I hear the word vintage though are those old cars. For some reason I don't think I can dress up as a car...I do remember that King Kong was set somewhere around that time period I can't remember, but if it was then maybe I should just watch that movie again to get some ideas...or I could just come dressed up as an ape!

School finishes this Thursday midday thank goodness! These last couple of weeks have been quite busy and I could do with a break to relax and also catch up on some work! I've still got to get a student website proposal sorted, as well as the flagpole for the school, the expansion of student radio (looking into that a bit more) and getting the Junior Councillors working on some more ideas these holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment