Monday 3 April 2006

Solutions

Only two more weeks of school left to go! Before school finishes though there's 1001 things I've got to sort out though, and I only discovered last night that we've got a debate coming up this Wednesday night against Diocesan! Thank goodness it's a limited preparation debate or then I'd be screwed!
So far in the last three years we've never lost to Diocesan, so we've got to keep that record going! Can't lose to girls!!!!

Today I went to the Careers Department to try out some program where you have to answer some questions and it then gives you a list of possible career options based on how you answered those questions. I was really hoping this would help give me some sort of direction, but...just have a look at some of the careers on the list:

Call Centre Operator
Help-desk operator
Plunket Nurse
Check-In Agent
Dancer
Singer
Dance teacher
Air Force Physical Training Instructor
Kaiwhakaako i te reo Maori (have no idea what that means!)

Yeah I don't think they really sound like me. There are a few interesting career options such as corporate/government lawyer, primary/secondary teacher, radio/television journalist, managing director and diplomatic officer, but that's still pretty broad!

I suppose I should be lucky that I only have to deal with this dilemma...I've got a few friends who are in more tricky situations! I've been trying to do my best to be a supportive friend and to say something worthwhile and meaningful but I end up joking about something stupid or putting all these random words together that make no sense at all to try and sound inspirational! But yeah I will just keep going and hopefully make a difference...or just keep going until they just avoid me!

P.S. Just to clear things up for those who read the last post I haven't dropped out of school! ;) Sorry to those people I fooled especially Christine!

Just to finish off with something I sent a friend to hopefully cheer them up (nope not original I ain't that great with words!)

Time, and time again
To realize the value of ONE YEAR,ask a student who failed his exams...
To realize the value of ONE MONTH, ask a mother who gave birth to a premature baby...
To realize the value of ONE WEEK, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper...
To realize the value of ONE DAY, ask a daily wage laborer...
To realize the value of ONE HOUR, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet...
To realize the value of ONE MINUTE, ask a person who missed the train...
To realize the value of ONE SECOND, ask a person who just avoided an accident...
To realize the value of ONE MILLISECOND, ask the person who won a silver medal in the Olympics...
Treasure every moment that you have!!

YESTERDAY is history.
TOMORROW is a mystery.
TODAY is a gift. That's why it's called the PRESENT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment