Friday 14 April 2006

Breaktime!

One term down another three to go! Wow this term went by fast! I did the second half of the statistics modelling assessment yesterday, which was a lot longer than expected but I managed to finish just in time! It was such a good feeling afterwards, especially since I had a free period! Today we finished at midday so that was pretty cool too, especially since two of the five periods we had at school were free periods for me.

Even though we've done quite a lot in just the first term there still seems to be quite a lot to do at school! I got the student website proposal accepted today, with a slight modification in that it will be hosted as a subdomain of our school website rather than a stand-alone website. Now I've just got to get all the content sorted out and pass it on to Carey, Ryan's brother who will be designing it for us.

I've also been trying to figure out a way of expanding student radio which doesn't seem to be running consistently because we STILL DON'T HAVE OUR OWN KEY TO THE ROOM and sometimes it takes all lunchtime just to find the teacher with the key! Plus only people sitting on the batters and hanging around under the shelters can hear it, which is only probably about a quarter (or less) of the school during lunch, so I've been trying to figure out how we can.

I still get this feeling that more can be, or should be, done to try and encourage students to participate in school activities and represent our school out there in the public. I don't know whether we just need better publicity, or to break that barrier with students, or whether we need a greater variety of groups rather than the traditional extra-curricular activities. I've been trying to do stuff at school that has never been done before to make things a little more interesting like with Valentine's Day roses and the Slave auction, but now I've just been trying to think of the next thing...Someone suggested a partner/date service for the ball. I don't know how many people are that desperate to use the service but I suppose we could give it a go!

Anyway I've got to catch up on schoolwork these holidays so I better make that my priority!


No comments:

Post a Comment