Saturday 15 April 2006

Easter Luxury

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMBERLEY! (yesterday)

What a great day! No school, no ads on TV, just shops closed, but that wasn't too bad! Anyway I managed to catch up on my music practice today, as the accordion champs are coming up pretty soon in Queen's Birthday weekend and I've still got a duet and a trio to learn and memorise. I'm competing in the NZ Solo Class (second highest class below the NZ Championship Class) so I've got to play a programme of 10-15 minutes. My pieces will be Figaro, Italian Concerto and a Russian Dance. I've got to play a Chinese duet with Aonghas and a movement from a Mozart symphony (I can't really remember what it's called because the title of it is all in Chinese...it might be a movement from Eine Kleine NachtMusik.

Anyway TV was really cool, with no ads all day. I watched Pinnochio, Wizard of Oz (yes that brought back heaps of memories from our Junior production back in fourth form!), a documentary about the NZ Symphony Orchestra, and the find of the day - POKOYO!!!! It's this really funny kids show with this purple elephant, an orange dog, a duck and this little baby kid who looks like a rapper! Today they were trying to help the duck get rid of his hiccups!

No comments:

Post a Comment