Monday 9 January 2006

Movies!!!

I've been watching as many movies as I can every night while I've got the time! On Sunday night the neighbours invited us over to watch Mr and Mrs Smith and War of the Worlds with them. Mr and Mrs Smith was pretty good but War of the Worlds had me stumped a little bit.
 
Tonight though I watched House of Flying Daggers and that was such a cool and sad movie! I'm hoping I watch enough Chinese movies so that my Mandarin/Cantonese (whichever language the movie is in!) will improve but I probably rely too much on the subtitles anyway! I tried watching this other Chinese movie 2046 but it was a little odd. The beginning voiceover was in Japanese and then the rest of the movie was in Mandarin. I understand more Cantonese than Mandarin even though I'm studying it at school, and so it was difficult to understand what was going on. Japanese subtitles didn't help either!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment