Saturday 14 January 2006

Black Friday not so Black

So the day wasn't that bad but I didn't get through the day without incident. First I broke a can opener while trying to open a can of baked beans. This must be the seventh can opener we've gone through! The hands always seem to break!

Later in the day my dad took me driving, focusing on my hill starts, which I'm still really bad at. I think (or I hope) I'm getting better and I started to feel a little more confident about doing a hill start at the intersection. I came up to the intersection, which just turned red, and stopped. This Mercedes Benz stopped right behind me so I was hoping that I wouldn't release the break too soon and roll back into it! I waited for a while and then the lights turned green and I tried doing the hill start, but the car stalled and the motor stopped so I quickly started up the motor again and do another hill start. The car stalled again and the motor stopped again! By then all the cars behind me overtook me and went past. Third time lucky and I got the car moving! Oh so embarrassing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment