Friday 6 January 2006

Kong is King! (How many times have we heard that?)

=Warning: may contain spoilers=

Despite whatever anyone else says, I think King Kong was a really good movie! I went to see it with my brothers and Chen last night (sorry Hyun and Joon! I was meaning to see it with you but...yeah...), which was the first movie I've seen in a year and 6 days! Aonghas tried buying himself, my brother and me childrens tickets but when the girl at the counter asked for some ID, the girl next to him told her
"Oh they go to Rutherford"
So we ended up having to pay $12.50 for secondary school/tertiary students' prices! I guess we don't look that young anymore!


Anyway I thought the CG animation was great! The way they created that ape/gorilla and not to mention an entire city accurately! It was also cool to see buildings you're familiar with such as the Auckland Civic Theatre get destroyed by a gorilla. I kinda felt sorry for Howard Shore who was seen conducting the orchestra in the theatre, as he got dumped as the score writer for the film and didn't get acknowledged in the end.

We sat in front of these girls, who throughout the movie were going

"Awwwwww he's [Kong] so cute!"

and then later when he was fighting the dinosaurs...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!"

But yeah what a sad end to the movie! It was interesting though that the Black guy died, the Chinese guy died, and the guy with what looked like a Maori tattoo all over his face...yip died. When Ann and the playwright (I can't remember his name right now!) were standing at the top of the Empire State Building (imagine slightly higher than highest point of Sky Tower) there seemed to be a lack of wind. Maybe it just wasn't a windy day... Anyway two thumbs and 8 fingers up for me! KONG/ANDY SERKIS FOR BEST ACTOR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment