Friday 6 January 2006

Bump Bump Honk Honk

Over the past two days while my dad has been on holiday from work he has taken me driving around West Auckland. My hill start is getting better, but I keep stalling! What is worse about it is that whenever I do a hill start I always seem to be around people who are watching who start laughing at me! Yesterday I did a slight hill start at this intersection and I stalled a bit and these Polynesian guys in the car next to me started laughing. I parked beside this house which happened to have a couple of Polynesian guys outside and when I did a hill start and stalled, the guys bursted out laughing and my dad just waved to them.
 
What scares me the most is doing a hill start at an intersection with cars right behind you! I'm afraid of either letting the handbrake off too soon and rolling back into the car behind, or not starting right, causing the car motor to stop. Guess what? That is exactly what happened to me in the middle of an intersection down Lincoln Rd yesterday! I was turning left into Lincoln Rd, and as I was turning I must have lifted off the clutch too fast and the motor stopped. In the middle of the road I had to quickly start the car up and get going again!
 
Whenever I'm driving along a road and a car is following close behind I just pull over to the side of the road so I don't cause them to crash into the back of us. I managed to count eight cars that I was holding up at one time!
 
I suppose as time goes by hopefully I'll get better...

No comments:

Post a Comment