Monday 9 May 2005

Txt Crazy

Vodafone's first txt-free weekend was certainly welcomed by me!! My brother and I sent so many we had to clear the cellphone's memory several times! During our church service I forgot to put the cellphone on silent and it started ringing in the middle of the service! What made it worse was that it was this pretty feminine ringtone (hum the Charmed theme song...sounds something like that!) We got plenty of those chain txt messages telling us to forward it and get free airtime. My friend told me it actually happened to her, but when I read the news about Vodafone saying it was a hoax, I texted her back informing her of the news and she replied:

"Yeah I knew that I just wanted to waste your time you naive!"

I returned to teaching my recorder classes this recent weekend. I played this game with them where I stuck a sticker (masking tape because I had no stickers) on their forehead and they had to try work out what it said on it. They found it pretty sore peeling it off after though! One of the girls walked out the classroom with hers still stuck on! I'm getting paid tomorrow for the second time since I started teaching this year which will be exciting!


Yesterday was Mother's Day, which meant we visited our nana to drop off a present. It's really getting worrying how arthritis is affecting her. I think the effects are becoming more and more obvious. It is really taking its toll on her and her ability to do things. I'm really going to have to visit her more often! I visited my cousin's at the same time, and he has a PSP! It's really cool but not available in New Zealand yet. He was fortunate enough to spend time in Japan with his Japanese girlfriend and at the same time buy one for only about NZ$200.

1 comment:

  1. during the free txt thing i got forwards a nd linh bitch slapped me! i didn't no u were teaching recorder classes....thts so kool ^^

    ReplyDelete