Friday 20 May 2005

Just another Ordinary Day

Happy Birthday Teresa!! (Yesterday 19 May)

Some of you Rutherfordians might remember her as the girl who joined the kaleidoscope class for one day back in fourth form while her own school had a day off...if you can remember that far! She went through all the trouble to borrow our school uniform and fit in quite well without the teachers knowing!

Anyway I think I'm becoming accustomed to losing. I lost to this Macedonian guy from Rangitoto College in chess today. Actually I got wasted, and even though I knew it would happen, I thought I'd drag the game at least. He got a little annoyed and impatient that while I spent several minutes pondering a move he got up and wandered around the classroom. Congratulations to Joon for winning!

I came slightly late to Physics today because I spent interval in the English room asking Miss Wood (English teacher) some questions (a rare occasion). When I came in late I apologised and explained myself to Dr Colvine (physics teacher) and he said:

"Thats alright you'll just get an E [worst grade] for punctuality"

A few kids laughed so I'm hoping he was joking! I probably deserve something like an E for punctuality. I'm always late for everything - church, orchestra, violin lesson...

Today Miss Wood thought I was struggling with English because until today I hadn't written more than four sentences for my creative writing. Last night though I got a wake-up call, realising that I could possibly fail this assessment if I don't do anything at all! So I put pen to paper today, wrote the whole thing out and surprised her after school. She said it was good but I don't believe her. English teachers (except for Ms Simms..is that how you spell her name again?) don't tell you (or aren't allowed to) what they really think!

Anyway chemistry test tomorrow and I've got to go to Rangitoto College in 6th period to rehearse with the string ensemble. This means no squash for me tomorrow, which will be Rutherford vs Rutherford!



Looking for love? Check out XtraMSN Personals

2 comments:

  1. Oh give me a break Calum...
    You'll pass with M or E for sure.

    Lay back and relax....

    im good at doing that..I just don't seem to be able to take things seriously anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Sia's right, she's good at relaxing..I would know, since i'm the one usually hyperventilating while she's thinking
    'oh everything's gonna be just dandy!'- easy for you to say, you child prodigy you! :P

    ReplyDelete