Monday 2 May 2005

Back to School


Everything's all on once again now that school has restarted. I've got three tests this week, and exams in five weeks time.


I gave a Chinese speech in assembly. It was a relief to know afterwards that my Chinese friends were able to understand what I had said! Miss Ho (my Chinese teacher) said I needed to improve my tones, so I was afraid I'd sound really bad!


I've finally managed to return my 40 Hour Famine money to school with a grand total of...$4.00. I suppose it is something at least. Not many people were keen on supporting me again this year after they had done so last year!


Yesterday I went with my family to watch our viola teacher perform with the Auckland Symphony Orchestra at the Town Hall. The theme was music from America and the 'New World'. They played music such as Dvorak's Symphony from the 'New World' which is one of my favourites!


Afterwards we went outside to be greeted by the Shihad concert at Aotea Square. I have no idea how those people standing near the front of the stage could stand listening to the EXTREMELY LOUD music thumping away! I was near the back of the crowd and it was still so loud I couldn't communicate with my brother! Most of the audience were black-clothed rockers, and I decided to leave and head off to Wendy's after a while. It was perfect timing too, as it just began to rain heavily!



Need more speed? Get Xtra Broadband!

No comments:

Post a Comment