Wednesday 2 January 2013

Why Does Technology Hate Me?

I think I've had it with Samsung, Android or maybe just technology overall.

Today while I was in Hamilton picking blueberries, my phone (Galaxy S3 for anyone wanting to know) gave me some notification about my microSD card being disconnected/dismounted, and I didn't really think much of it, as it happened once or twice with my previous phone (Galaxy S2) and I just had to restart my phone for everything to be fine.

I restarted my S3, but to no avail! My phone didn't even recognise that there was a microSD card in it! I tried taking the card out, wiping it, blowing the slot, leaving the phone turned off for a while, and still nothing!

Tonight I put the card into my laptop to make sure it wasn't the card's problem, and it was working fine! I'll have to try put another microSD into my phone to make sure it is my phone's problem.

This isn't the first problem I've had with this phone since I bought it earlier last year. Let's see..

1. The LED light wouldn't switch off, so I had to send it back to Samsung to get it fixed. I didn't get my phone back for three weeks because Warehouse Stationery didn't send it off straight away.
2. When I received my phone back from them, my 'home' button was stiffer than it was before. I've been tempted to return it to get it fixed again, but I'm a little weary of how long it will take.
3. I kept getting pop-up boxes telling me that some Samsung service had ended. Fortunately that stopped after I upgraded to Jelly Bean
3. I upgraded my phone software to Android Jelly Bean, and now my phone is extremely laggy! The camera would also keep crashing too, telling me that it failed to record! I probably should have done a clean install.

Along with this,

- my very first phone the Sony Ericsson K800i joystick button wouldn't allow me to scroll down, which meant I'd have to scroll to the top of the menu and then come back up the menu from the bottom.
- my HTC Desire began looping the start-up screen.
- my Samsung Galaxy S2 kept freezing, with a Samsung service fail pop-up box constantly appearing after I updated to Gingerbread.

Don't get me started on laptops as well! I just upgraded my Sony Vaio to Windows 8, only to find it plagued with these little problems, such as the cursor jumping around as I typed. I called Sony, only to discover I wasn't meant to do a fresh install of Windows 8, but was meant to upgrade my laptop via their Vaio Utility software. In the end I had to install each driver one by one, and then was met with even more problems after when I was told my battery might have problems! Fortunately people on the net had faced this problem before and provided a workaround.

Is it just me, or do I attract problems?

No comments:

Post a Comment