Saturday 5 January 2013

Who Knew There was a Forest Around Here?

Straight after our children's summer programme training, we had our Experiencing God programme. Today was a little different. Instead of sharing what we learnt over the past week and watching a video, Karvin took us across the road to have a little walk through this mini-forest behind the Trusts Stadium. I had no idea it was there!

He told us to bring a plastic bag, to talk to nobody, but to just follow him, look at what is around us and talk to God.

As we walked along the path, some people picked leaves off the ground, while others just picked up rubbish! We eventually stopped at this area, where we were asked to compare these tall trees. One had completely fallen over, while these other two were really tall. We were asked what we saw in these trees. Everyone gave these really deep, metaphorical answers, relating them to God and life! I was last to speak, and obviously struggling to come up with some intelligent answer! All I could say was that to me, they were trees! I just shared with them the dead branch I walked over, explaining how I felt sorry for it!

It was a nice, peaceful and thought-provoking walk though!


No comments:

Post a Comment