Sunday 20 January 2013

Bloated Birthday Meal

This afternoon our family went to our favourite (cheap) buffet restaurant in the city, Imperial Garden. It's all-you-can-eat dim sum in the weekends! My dad and Aonghas will be working on Monday night (my birthday..shhhhh) so we decided to have an early birthday lunch. All that really means is I don't have to pay my mum back. Woohoo!

When we got to the pay machine to pay for our car park, there was already a ticket sitting there, and it hadn't expired! We were originally just going to use that and save $8, but my dad was worried since there were security cameras around, so we did the honest thing. There happened to be two Australian 5c coins lying around too. What a test!


We had one-and-a-half hours to eat, so it was time to get started! I tried to restrain from eating the deep-fried food, as that fills me up fast. My strategy: dim sum, dim sum, DIM SUM. Oh, and then dessert.



Half way through, and I was pretty full! It was time for dessert! I could only manage a bowl of fruit salad and a few snacks. I had to smuggle the rest of the biscuits in a tissue and sneaked them to my mum under the table to look after for later!


We were pretty bloated after that lunch! Now we just had to make sure we didn't fall asleep during the Experiencing God programme we had to attend at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment