Sunday 8 May 2011

Weighing in on Mother's Day

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

We truly love you mummy for giving birth to us and everything else that you do for you!
Yesterday I thought I better get something for my mum on Mother's Day, so while my mum was out, I walked down to West City looking for something to get her. I had no idea what to get so I started off at the Reduced to Clear store, then went over to Kmart, thinking that maybe I could buy her some towels as we have plenty of holey ones at home! The towels were quite expensive! I also wasn't too sure what kitchen appliances she already had or wanted.
I then came up with a really, really good idea - electronic bathroom scales! Our bathroom scales have been giving us the wrong readings for a long time now, and I'm sure our family would be able to make good use of it, even if my mum didn't like them! I couldn't find any at Kmart though, and I was about to try The Warehouse when I thought I'd give The Appliance Shed a go.

Just my luck! There were these Weight Watchers bathroom scales that could even tell you your % Body Fat, Bone Mass, etc. There were quite a few scales to choose from, The more expensive they were, the more features they offered. A sales person came over trying to entice me to buy. He was also trying to push this cleaning kit on me! I ended up going with the scales, but not before checking thoroughly...

I asked the sales person what the maximum weight the scales could handle. His reply...
"It should hold up to 180 kg so I think your mum should be fine!"
Now I'm sure you'll think I'm insinuating that my mum is fat and that's why she needs bathroom scales to constantly check her weight, and what a horrible, horrible present it is. Well, it turns out she actually liked it! She thought it was quite useful too!
The next day at church to celebrate Mother's Day, all the children went on stage to sing (along with a few of us older 'angels').

After the performance, some of the Oddfellows handed out the presents we had made for the mothers a few days ago at youth group - a bookmark with these dangly things on them.
To top it all off, the men were in the kitchen cooking lunch for us all. They cooked rice with several different types of meat and it actually tasted good! Too bad they ran out of rice so soon and had to cook some more...


No comments:

Post a Comment