Tuesday 24 May 2011

Self-Medication

A lot of the time I make recommendations to customers on which medicines they should take for minor conditions based on what I've studied or been told by others. I very rarely use OTC medicines unless I've been prescribed them by a doctor.

Well this weekend I started developing a sore throat! I didn't think much of it until Sunday when it started getting worse. I decided I'd finally try some sore throat lozenges and maybe some of those multi-vitamins that are supposed to boost your immune system and reduce recovery time!

I ended up going with Difflam (since that's the one I recommend the most) and Immunofort. Apparently Difflam can make your mouth numb (it has an ingredient which causes the numbing effect to reduce the pain). I was sucking on a Difflam lozenge at home last night and I could start to feel my tongue go numb! The raspberry flavour also started to wear off!

As for the Immunofort, I took my first tablet today. We'll see if that has any effect...but that may be hard to tell!

1 comment:

  1. Irrelevancy Guaranteed . . Never has a truer statement been uttered!

    ReplyDelete