Sunday 22 May 2011

Leading the Charge

This morning Angie and I were back-up vocals for the once-monthly English service while Aonghas was playing piano. It was kinda fun, but we had to get to church extra early to be ready! Hamish and I were also scheduled to put out the tables too so we had to do that as well.

The English service went relatively well without a hitch. At the end of it though when Edward the song leader finished worship with a prayer, I closed my eyes as he prayed, still standing up in front of everyone, and when I opened my eyes after he was done, Angie who was next to me had disappeared! I quickly went over to a seat and sat down! Hopefully no one noticed that...

I've also promised quite a few people at church that I will sponsor them for next weekend's 40 Hour Famine. I don't know how many people I've promised, but my bank account is set to take a dent!

In the afternoons after church I teach a few kids recorder and today they were expecting a prize after practising everyday for four weeks. I had bought some prizes for them but one of their parents must have heard that I was going to give them some prizes and gave them to me in the morning to give to them! That was nice of him!

Finally when all was done and dusted at church, we decided to head across the road to check out the Rise Up Christchurch Telethon going on at the Trusts Stadium. There was some band performing, and a few celebrities running around interviewing people, doing challenges and stuff. There wasn't much to look at so after we had donated some money, we were off! Hopefully they raise quite a bit of money though.


No comments:

Post a Comment