Friday 13 May 2011

Joining Another Group

It's Friday the 13th today! Oooooh scary! Fortunately nothing totally bad happened at work today. This girl I caught up with at the pharmacy the other day (who recognised me from the one meeting we had at church earlier in the year!) invited me to her uni fellowship meeting tonight, called the Overseas Christian Fellowship (OCF). I've always wanted to check it out so I decided to bring my brothers along and attend.

We got there slightly late as I had just finished work. They started off with worship, and it was quite good! There were a couple people singing, with several people on guitars and one on keyboard. The music was really uplifting and everyone was into the singing!

After the worship, there was a guest speaker who got us to sit in groups to answer questions about a Bible passage his talk was based on.

My brothers and I had to leave early to make it to our own youth group as it was activity night and we were meant to organise it. Just at the last minute we decided to play theatre sports with the youth group!

The youth group was split into groups of four, with each group getting to play one game such as Let's Make a Date, the multiple-headed oracle and the rant game (each person rants about something for a minute before passing on a topic of their choice to the next person).

I just happened to be the person they all picked on tonight, with them all making fun at my singleness! Oh I can't wait to prove you all wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment