Sunday 29 May 2011

Happy Birthday Karvin!

Today was our church's pastor's (and one of our youth group leaders) birthday. I only found out when Jireh whispered it to me as I came late into the church service. We promptly decided to sneak out of the service to go buy him something for his birthday!

We went over to Pak N' Save to find a cake, but Karvin's quite special so we decided to get him something different to the usual cake or cheese cake. 

We wandered across the road to check out a bakery but they didn't have any cakes, and the Cheesecake Shop didn't have anything we could afford! We were walking back to Pak n' Save when we came by Dunkin' Donuts and decided that we might get him some donuts! 

We got back to church and tried to decorate the box (it had all these kids on it, so we decided to name the kids after Karvin's kids) and changed 'MUNCHKINS' to 'MUNCHINS' (Karvin's surname is Chin by the way!).


Karvin was delivering the sermon at the service, so once the service was over, we all gathered in the foyer and sang him Happy Birthday as we gave him his birthday present!




In other famine-related matters, I ended up handing over money to some of the girls. I kept forgetting a few of them were doing the no-talking famine and couldn't talk!

I was promised the best ever hug from Rebecca in exchange for sponsoring her, but I didn't get it today...so she owes me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment