Saturday 14 May 2011

Farewelling Another Friend

Tonight I went over to Lindsey's house for a farewell BBQ, as Lindsey will be leaving us for London on Tuesday! I've known Lindsey since year 8 at Rangeview Intermediate and he's been in my class at high school as well.

When I got there, I realised it wasn't the same house he had his birthday BBQ at last year, as they recently moved houses! All his cousins were in the garage sitting around the table eating, while the ex-Rutherford guys were elsewhere. I grabbed some food and joined Sarena, Claire and Ellyce who were sitting around the outdoor fireplace thing.

We ate and talked for a while before Shen and Nick arrived and joined us.


After a bit more talking, everyone went over to the garage to watch people have a go at smashing open the pinyata! A few people gave it a pretty good go but didn't manage to crack the horse open. I was pushed into having a turn, so I had an unsuccessful attempt at it. A few people later a girl managed to smash off the and all the chocolate came poring down!



Us ex-Rutherfordians went back to sit around the fire and kept talking about all sorts of random things, like the Double Down Burger, sharing scary stories and communist countries.


Eventually I had to leave and say goodbye to Lindsey, as I won't be able to see him depart on Tuesday!


While it's quite exciting to see my friends leave, it's also a little sad having to say goodbye. Shen, one of my other good high school friends also told us he's got a job in Singapore and will be leaving in the next 4-6 weeks. Both him and Lindsey will be gone for the next two or so years. Amy left a couple weeks ago for an engineering job in Hong Kong, and David left for a job with Google in Australia earlier in the year too! A few of the others are considering going overseas in the near future too. Our circle of high school friends is definitely shrinking!

I guess at least it'll mean I have connections all around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment