Monday 15 March 2010

So Much for Choice!

Last Monday we had a long lecture/presentation where 25 different projects were presented to us 4th year pharmacy students for our PHARMACY410 research project. The idea was that each of us would rank from 1-5 the research project we preferred and let them know by the day after. They'd then try give us our most preferred one and we'd be grouped with with others who had chosen the same project. Well here's how I ranked my preferred research projects:


1. Imported prescription medicines: patterns and trends over time
2. Determining the effects of methamphetamine 'P' addiction on cognition and executive function in the human brain using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI).
3. Is the Polypill the answer for ischaemic heart disease?
4. The role of pharmacists in inhaler technique education in asthma and COPD patients admitted to Middlemore hospital.
5. An investigation into the teaching of extemporaneous compounding skills in schools of pharmacy in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa and the United Kingdom


Guess which project I got given? My last choice! If I had known I'd be given my last choice, I would've thought a bit harder about it! After a bit of thinking though I've come to the conclusion that it's not too bad though, and that at least it's not all science with big fancy words and concepts I have to learn. That will definitely make my life a lot easier!


Also on the plus side is that there are some other cool people in my group! All girls actually, so that will be interesting...


Let's hope we can get along well this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment