Friday 12 March 2010

Blowing out the Tyre

I had to go to Piano Traders in Mt Eden today to buy a couple of music theory books for my music theory students and so I drove there with my mum beside me. Along the way there we picked Hamish up from the bus stop and Aonghas from uni. I bought the books and we were heading back home to get ready for camp when Aonghas called out that one of our tyres was flat!

I pulled the car over on the side of the road (still in Mt Eden) and sure enough it was flat, and I mean quite flat! It looks like I drove over a nail and it punctured the tyre! We had no idea what to do. We thought our tools would be in the boot but our dad must've removed them when the car got serviced.

Fortunately we were parked opposite some car electrical shop and so my mum and Aonghas went over there if they had a car jack that we could borrow to switch tyres to our spare temporary tyre.

Finally, one of the guys came over with the car jack and just changed the tyres himself! Thank you kind sir!

Aonghas drove us back to Henderson at 80km/hr (the fastest you can go on a temporary tyre) where we went to see if our family friend who fixes cars could fix the tyre for us. He was quite busy and was almost finished for the day, so it looked like we'd have to drive to camp with our temporary tyre!

No comments:

Post a Comment