Wednesday 2 May 2007

Where's a Toilet??!!!

This morning I didn't have the privilege of sleeping in as I usually do on a Wednesday morning, but instead had to go in to uni to catch the bus to Tamaki for a course on how to use the library catalogue! I know I know, but it was compulsory for me to do it! Fortunately the bus to Tamaki was not that full, and I met up with my friend Candy once I got there. We went into the computer labs and she soon found out she was in the wrong one, but because there were plenty of seats left she could stay.

The one hour course didn't reveal anything most of us didn't know already. Even though I managed to sleep just slightly before midnight the night before, I still felt a bit tired and nearly fell asleep!

The course was soon over and so we had an hour to kill, which we spent in the cafeteria just mucking around with each other's phones, discovering stuff we're not supposed to! :D (didn't get too far before the phone got snatched off me!)

We had a new lecturer for population health today. He's this American who's teaching us about health economics, and he is certainly the most entertaining lecturer I've had so far this year! We had an auction during the lecture where people bid for and won a Snicker's Bar and a yoghurt-covered muesli bar, as well as learnt quite a bit! We were then handed our next assignment during our tutorial class before we caught the bus back to the city.

Candy had to go off to do her chemistry assignment and so I went to have lunch, when this Student Life (Christian group on campus) guy approached me asking to do a survey, and you know me, who am I to refuse to do a survey!! So this guy started asking me all these questions about my 'degree' of Christianity before asking if I'd like him to go through this 'Getting to Know God' booklet with me. I had about an hour before my bus left, so I thought what the hey OK! I ended up asking some stupid questions and he ended up asking me if I'd like to take part in spreading the word, even though I'm probably the last Christian you'd want telling others about Christianity! I thought what the hey OK! (Yeah I'm going to regret this soon...) We'll see what happens... Apparently there are Satanists (actually I don't know if they deserve a capital S!) around at uni. I'd like to talk to one!

So once this Student Life guy went I decided I better go catch this bus. I thought I better go to the toilet.

UNIVERSITY LIBRARY = 2 TOILETS (G Floor): OCCUPIED

Oh well...so I walked towards Sky City before realising I REALLY had to go to the toilet! By then I was way past Albert Park and the campus to go back, so I decided to try my luck at the public library.

PUBLIC LIBRARY = 1 TOILET (G Floor): OCCUPIED

Off I went in search of another toilet! Seeing as the bus stop was right outside Sky City, why not try the Sky City toilets! I caught up with Gus along the way, and parted ways with him once I got to Sky City.

SKY CITY = 3 TOILETS (G Floor): OCCUPIED

By then my bus had left and I had another hour to wait before the next one so I decided I'd walk all the way to Aotea Centre because there's bound to be a toilet there, and I would've killed some time walking all the way there!

PUBLIC TOILET OUTSIDE AOTEA CENTRE: 2 TOILETS: VACANT! Yay!!!!!!

And so Calum felt much better afterwards!

I caught up with Shirley, this Korean girl from Rutherford along the way home on the bus and once I got home my mum and I went over to Rangeview for a little visit, originally to see how Ms Rai the music teacher there was doing. She wasn't there though, so we ended up talking to the school secretary who introduced me to Rangeview's soon-to-be new principal. We then walked around the school, which brough back many memories! Good times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment